It's Day #10 of my 12 Days of Christmas Food Countdown!
Today I am sharing a delicious breakfast recipe...
Yes, I took a classic Christmas Cookie and turned it into a pancake! And it is oh so good!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cups of milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pancake toppings of choice (butter, real maple syrup, fresh fruit, etc)
Now Let's Make the Snickerdoodle Pancakes:
- Preheat your pancake griddle over medium heat and grease (I use butter)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cinnamon
- Mix in the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract - don't over mix - a few lumps are okay
- Pour batter in circles on preheated griddle - this recipe will make nice medium to large sized pancakes
- When small bubble begin to appear on the surface of the pancake (about 2-4 minutes) flip pancake
- Cook on second side an additional 2 minutes, being careful not to burn your pancake - the cinnamon will make them burn faster than regular pancakes
- Serve with butter, syrup and other pancake toppings of choice. On this particular day, I made a nice vanilla glaze using powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla beans to go over the top!
I have been using this pancake griddle for over 6 years now, and I love it! I can make 8 pancakes at once and it's so easy to just wipe clean!