It's my 12 Days of Christmas food!
Today is Day #9
Caramel Gingerbread Bars
I'm sure when you think about Christmas food, especially Christmas desserts, you land on the ever popular Gingerbread Men Cookies! They are a classic Christmas Cookie! Well these Caramel Gingerbread Bars give you that classic flavor without all the work. These bars are about one thousand times easier than making gingerbread men cutout cookies!
Your Shopping List for the Caramel Gingerbread Bars:
- 1 box Gingerbread Cake Mix (if you cannot find this, substitute Spice Cake Mix with 1-2 tsp of ginger added)
- 1 stick butter, softened or even slightly melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 bag caramel bits (you can find these right next to the chocolate chips in the baking aisle)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Now Let's Make the Caramel Gingerbread Bars:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish generously with non-stick spray (the caramel will make these stick more than other bars)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Gingerbread Cake Mix, butter, and eggs
- Fold in the caramel bits and white chocolate chips
- Press dough into greased pan
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and using the back of a greased spatula, press the bars down into the pan
- Bake additional five minutes
- Remove from oven and press down again if necessary to ensure a flat surface
- Cool completely in pan before cutting and storing the bars in an airtight container
Happy Gingerbread Bar Making!
And if you miss the classic gingerbread man shape - buy some to hang on your tree!