It's my 12 Days of Christmas Food, Day #7!
Today I am sharing an easy (and healthy) breakfast recipe!
Cranberry Orange Muffins!
When you combine the delicious flavors of Cranberry and Orange, you create a wonderful flavor that is sure to remind others of Christmas and winter in general!
These muffins are healthy and super easy to whip up! Make them the night before for morning guests!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (I use King Arthur brand white whole wheat)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp orange zest (about 2 medium sized oranges)
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (about 2 medium sized oranges)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (you could also use plain veggie oil)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- course sugar for sprinkling the tops of the muffins
Now Let's Make the Cranberry Orange Muffins:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners (you can use cooking spray if you do not have liners)
- In a bowl of hot water, soak the cup of dried cranberries to soften and plump them - set aside until needed
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda
- Whisk the orange zest into the dry mixture
- Add the orange juice, water, milk, oil, and egg to your dry ingredients. Mix with a wooden spoon until just combined
- Drain your cranberries and fold them into batter
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin tin
- Sprinkle course sugar over the top of each muffin
- Bake for 13-15 minutes
- Cool for about 5 minutes in pan before transferring to wire rack to cool completely