And that means I am bringing you 12 Days of Christmas - Christmas food that is!
Day #1 of my 12 Days of Christmas is Gingerbread Pancakes!
Can you think of anything that tastes more like Christmas than Gingerbread?
I can't either!
And whipping up these pancakes is super simple because I make them from a cake mix!
What? Yes a cake mix!
Here's What You Need to Make the Gingerbread Pancakes:
- 2 cups Gingerbread Cake and Cookie Mix (I used the Betty Crocker one)
- 2 tablespoons veggie oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- pancake toppings - we use butter and real maple syrup...whipped cream would be great too
- Preheat and grease your pancake griddle (I use butter but you could use a nonstick spray)
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine all ingredients
- Spoon batter into small to medium size circles onto prepared griddle
- After about 2-4 minutes <you will see lots of tiny bubbles on the top> flip your pancakes over and cook about 2 additional minutes (be careful, these will burn more quickly than regular pancakes because of the sugar and the ginger)
- Remove pancakes from griddle and serve with your favorite toppings
I use this double burner griddle to make all of my pancakes: