Today I'm bringing you Day #5 of my 12 Days of Christmas Food!
CHOCOLATE MINT CHIP BARS
Because any good Christmas recipe collection has to have something that brings together the flavors of chocolate and mint!
It's also Cake Mix Recipe #58!
Your Shopping List for the Chocolate Mint Chip Bars:
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 bag mint chips (I used Guittard mint chips because they are a beautiful festive green color and they are peanut free)
Now Let's Make the Chocolate Mint Chip Bars:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 pan (I always use PAM for baking)
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the chocolate cake mix, melted butter, and beaten eggs until a soft dough forms
- Stir in the mint chips
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes
- Remove from oven and press down the surface of the bars with the back of a spatula
- Cool completely in pan before cutting into bars
- One cool, cut into 24 squares and enjoy
Now I always feel like I need to put this disclaimer in whenever I make any mint or peppermint recipes - if you are the type of person who makes several types of Christmas Cookies, do not put these in the tin or cookie jar or basket with all of your other cookies! Keep these cookies separate! If you put them with other cookies, everything will end up tasting like mint! Trust me!