Valentine's Day is less than a week away!!!
When I think about food that goes with this holiday, I think about desserts. That's it. No regular food. Just chocolate and sweets!
These Red Velvet Hearts are a super easy Cake Mix Cookie that is perfect for Sunday!
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1 stick butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- red sugar sprinkles (you can always use plain white sugar and color it red if you cannot find red sugar sprinkles)
- 24 dark chocolate hearts, unwrapped (like the kind by Dove)
Now Let's Make the Red Velvet Hearts:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter, eggs, and vanilla extract
- Add the red velvet cake mix and the baking powder to your mixer and beat together until a soft dough forms
- Use a cookie scoop to form dough into 24 balls (about 1 inch each)
- Roll each dough ball into the red sugar sprinkles
- Place onto prepared baking sheets and bake in oven for 10 - 12 minutes
- While the cookies are in the oven, unwrap your chocolates and have them ready
- Remove from oven and immediately press a chocolate heart into the center of each cookie
- Allow to cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely
- Once cookies are cool and the chocolate has completely set, store in an airtight container