Last week, Lacie celebrated her half birthday! She is now officially 4 1/2! In case you missed it, you can read that post here!
Well Lacie requested a treat for her half birthday, and she always love love loves my Neiman Marcus Bars! The Red Velvet and Lemon are two of her favorite. So I decided it would be fun to make a new Neiman Marcus bar recipe! And what is better than chocolate?!? DOUBLE CHOCOLATE!
These are my new favorite Neiman Marcus Bar! Seriously they are so so so good!
And these bars are Cake Mix Recipe #60!
Your Shopping List for the Double Chocolate Neiman Marcus Bars:
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup), melted
- 3 eggs
- 8 ounce block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 box of Confectioners Sugar (4 cups)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Now Let's Make the Double Chocolate Neiman Marcus Bars:
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking dish (I use nonstick spray)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, melted butter, and 1 of the eggs to form a dough
- Press dough into the bottom of the greased baking dish
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, combine the cream cheese and two remaining eggs until smooth
- Beat in the cocoa powder until completely incorporated
- Add the powdered sugar and mix until smooth
- Pour mixture into the baking dish over top of the dough and spread into an even layer
- Bake for 40 minutes
- Remove from oven and cool for 30 minutes
- Place into the refrigerator and cool completely (at least 2 hours) before cutting and serving
- Keep leftover bars in the fridge