I just love love love a quick and easy dinner that only uses ONE POT! This meal is perfect for a busy weeknight! It will take you about 30 minutes to make, and when you are finished eating it will leave you with only one pot to wash (or find room for in your dishwasher)! YAY!
Here's What You Need to Make the One Pot Enchilada Pasta:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 packet taco seasoning (I used a low sodium packet)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can enchilada sauce (I used "medium" which gives it just a little kick)
- 8 oz (half a box) uncooked whole wheat Fusilli pasta
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 1/2 cups Mexican Blend shredded cheese
Now Let's Make the One Pot Enchilada Pasta:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- In a large oven safe pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat
- Add ground beef and cook, stirring until the meat is brown and crumbly
- Add minced garlic and cook for about one minute, until garlic becomes fragrant
- Add the taco seasoning, chicken broth, enchilada sauce, frozen corn, and pasta to the pan. Stir to evenly incorporate everything.
- Allow liquid to come to a bubble. Lower the heat to medium low and allow mixture to simmer until your pasta is cooked to al dente (my pasta took about 10 minutes) and the liquid has thickened significantly
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of cheese
- Sprinkle remaining cup of cheese over the top
- Transfer entire pan to the oven and bake for 10 - 15 minutes until the cheese has melted and the edges brown just slightly
- Remove from oven and allow to stand for five minutes before serving!
If you do not have an oven safe pan or skillet, you can just transfer the mixture to a casserole dish after step 7, sprinkle cheese over the top, and bake!