Lent is in full swing, and Easter is about a month away! If you are counting, there are also five Fridays before Easter Sunday, which means you may be in search of a great meat-free meal idea! Last Friday, I made this Easy Cheesy Baked Tortellini Casserole for my family, and it was a hit! I used to make this for John all the time when we were dating/engaged/newly married, but honestly I haven't made (or even thought about) this recipe in over a year! Neither Lacie or Blakely has had it before, and they both ate a ton of it - loving every single cheesy bite!
Now that I remember how simple it is to make and how delicious it is to eat, this Easy Cheesy Baked Tortellini will definitely be making it's way into the dinner rotation more often at the Hilosky House!
Here's What You Need to Make the Easy Cheesy Baked Tortellini:
- 1 large package of fresh cheese tortellini - about 16 to 20 ounces (from the refrigerator case at the grocery store)
- 2 cups of smooth marinara sauce (your favorite kind or homemade)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (I like whole milk ricotta)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Now Let's Make The Easy Cheesy Baked Tortellini:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and lightly oil a 9x13 baking dish
- In a large pot of salted, boiling water cook tortellini for 2 minutes (only 2 minutes - don't over cook)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the marinara sauce and the ricotta cheese
- Add the pasta to the sauce mixture and stir to coat
- Pour into prepared casserole dish
- Top with shredded mozzarella and parmesan
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 - 45 minutes until the casserole is bubbly and the edges have browned
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving
It is so so so Cheesy!
How Easy Is That! Happy Meat-Free Cooking!