St. Paddy's Day is almost here! Even though it's not a PINK holiday like Valentine's Day, I promise to provide a few fun and colorful treats! And since there is only about a week and a half until this festive day, I thought I would share a super quick and easy recipe with you today!
LUCKY CHARMS TREATS
You essentially make rice krispies treats with Lucky Charms cereal instead! In fact you can really do this with any fun cereal all year round (I did it with Trix cereal for Lacie's 2nd Birthday).
Here's What You Need to Make the Lucky Charms Treats:
- 6 cups of Lucky Charms cereal
- 1 bag of marshmallows (I used the miniature ones)
- 3 tbsp butter
Now Let's Make the Lucky Charms Treats:
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish and the back of a spatula - set both aside
- In a large microwave safe bowl, add the bag on marshmallows and the butter
- Heat in the microwave until the butter melts and the marshmallows become puffy and begin to melt together
- Stir together the melted marshmallows and the butter until thoroughly combined
- Carefully stir in the dry cereal, making sure it is evenly coated with the marshmallow
- Press into greased pan, using the back of the greased spatula to press it down firmly into the pan
- Allow to set for at least one hour before cutting into squares
- Store in an air tight container
So Pretty and Festive!