Happy Happy Happy Friday! I look forward to Friday all week! I always blog about dessert on Friday because I think it makes this day of the week even sweeter!
Before I get into this week's dessert, I wanted to let everyone know that I am being featured on my friend Christina's blog! She is doing a Feature Friday once a month where she highlights a fellow blogger, and today she picked me! I was super honored. Click here to check it out!
Now onto the dessert! I have definitely blogged about my love of the Cadbury Mini Eggs in the past!
These are like little scrumptious pieces of Heaven! They are hands down my favorite Easter Candy! So rather than watching TV and eating an entire bag of these pastel colored delights (something me and the hubby have done a time or two) I try to bake some yummy things using this candy instead!
Here's What You Need to Make the Easter Egg Thumbprint Cookies:
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp butter
- 24 - 30 Cadbury Mini Eggs (depending on how many cookies you make)
Now Let's Make the Easter Egg Thumbprint Cookies:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and vanilla extract
- Beat in the powdered sugar until smooth
- Mix in the flour, 1 cup at a time, until a soft dough is formed
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place onto ungreased cookie sheets
- Use a thumb or the back of the spoon to make indentation in the center of each ball
- Bake for 11-14 minutes until just lightly golden
- Cool for two minutes on pan before transferring to wire rack to cool completely - you may need to press down lightly on the thumbprints to make them deeper if they puffed up during cooking (which may happen since there is nothing in the holes to weigh them down)
- In a microwave safe bowl, place 1 cup chocolate chips with 1 tbsp butter and heat for 1 minute - more or less depending on your microwave
- Remove and stir until mixture is smooth
- Allow chocolate to cool for 1-2 minutes and spoon into center of each cookies or place into a piping bag and pipe into holes - this is what I did and it will be much less messy!
- Press 1 Cadbury Mini Egg onto the top of the chocolate
- Allow chocolate to harden before storing the cookies in an airtight container
They are perfect with a cup of coffee!