Guess what I found in the Easter section of Target?!?!?!
YES! Those are white chocolate Cadbury Mini Eggs! I have already blogged about my love of the original Cadbury Mini Eggs. You can find a fantastic cookie bar recipe that uses the original Cadbury Mini Eggs by clicking here. Now even though the original mini eggs will always be my hands down favorite, I knew I had to try these white ones! And I knew that I needed to use them to come up with a great new recipe! And I definitely wanted it to be Cake Mix Recipe #30!!!
Here's What You Need to Make the Black and White Cadbury Egg Bars:
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 bags of Cadbury White Chocolate Mini Eggs
Now Let's Make the Black and White Cadbury Egg Bars:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking dish with butter or cooking spray
- Open your Cadbury eggs and pour the entire first bag and half of the second bag into a large ziploc bag (save the remaining half bag of the eggs - don't start eating them - you will use them for the top)
- Seal the bag and use a rolling pin to lightly crush the Cadbury Eggs (you don't want them to be ground into find powder - you still want there to be big chunks in your batter). Set bag aside
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the cake mix, melted butter, and the beaten eggs until a soft dough forms
- Fold in the Cadbury Eggs that you broke into pieces
- Spread into your prepared 9x13 baking dish
- Take remaining whole Cadbury Eggs and sprinkle on top
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and lightly push down with the back of a spatula - making the surface of your bars flat
- Return to oven for five minutes
- Remove from oven and cool completely in pan
- Cut into 24 squares and enjoy!
Beautiful Black and White Cookie Bars! I promise you will love how easy these are to make and how delicious they are to eat!