Last week, I shared a recipe for John's Asian Inspired Stir Fry (one of his absolute favorites)! Well this week when I was planning meals he requested that I make some other type of stir fry (his words). So I decided to make one with beef! We enjoyed eating this for dinner last night, and it was so good that I just had to blog about it today! This recipe is so easy and fast - you can definitely make it for dinner tonight! Unless, like us, you are Catholic and not eating meat today in observance of Ash Wednesday. If that is the case then you will have to wait until tomorrow to enjoy my Easy Beefy Stir Fry.
I took a short cut and used this delicious stir fry sauce!
Here's What You Need to Make the Easy Beefy Stir Fry:
- 1 lb of lean beef (sirloin, flank steak, etc) pounded thin and sliced into strips
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp high temp cooking oil (canola, veggie, or coconut are best)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into this strips
- 1 generous cup shelled edamame
- 1/2 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1/2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Sesame Garlic Sauce - see picture above (if you can't find this flavor, just use your favorite stir fry sauce)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- brown rice for serving (optional)
Now Let's Make the Easy Beefy Stir Fry:
- Prep all of your ingredients - slice the beef into thin strips and chop the bell pepper, garlic, and ginger - the key to successful stir fry is to have all of your ingredients prepped and ready to go
- Place sliced beef into a bowl and add water and cornstarch - stir to coat - this will just help the sauce to stick to the beef at the end while letting it thicken just a bit
- Heat cooking oil over high heat in a wok (you can use a large skillet if you don't have a wok)
- Once oil sizzles to the touch of a wooden spoon, add beef, stirring for about 2 minutes until beef is browned
- Add pepper, edamame, ginger, and garlic stirring for another 2-3 minutes until peppers are just crisp-tender
- Add sesame garlic sauce and sesame oil. Stir to coat. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes until sauce is heated through and thickens just a bit
- Sprinkle on sesame seeds
- Serve over brown rice
This is a super easy and quick meal...just perfect for a weeknight dinner! It also makes a great alternative to take out - it took me less time to make this than waiting for Chinese Takeout! If you don't like beef, this would be just as tasty with chicken or pork!
Happy Stir Frying!