Hello, my name is Lindsay and I am a Biscoff Addict. My addiction began about 6 months ago when I read about this delightful food on a Peanut Allergy Forum. So many people were going on and on about how good this stuff is and I wanted to try it for Lacie! I bought some, and I was not prepared for how wonderful it would taste! Biscoff does not taste like PB...it is much much better! This stuff is cookies that some genius thought to grind up and turn into a scrumptious, spreadable substance! If you have never tried it run to the store and get some! Seriosuly.go.right.now!
This is what I am talking about!!! DELICIOUS!
My recipe for Biscoff Brownie Bars is super simple! It starts off with boxed brownie mix, making it Cake Mix Recipe #29! Don't be scared by the layers, this comes together very quickly and it is a great way to fancy-up a plain old box of brownie mix!
Here's What You Need to Make the Biscoff Brownie Bars:
- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix plus the ingredients called for on the back of the box
- 1/2 cup Biscoff spread - creamy style
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Now Let's Make the Biscoff Brownie Bars:
- Prepare your brownie mix according to package directions in a 9x13 pan. Even if your brownie mix calls for a smaller pan (like mine did) still bake them in the 9x13 pan and shorten the cooking time.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely - at least one hour.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (you could also use a hand mixer) cream together the Biscoff Spread and the 1/2 cup of softened butter.
- Add in the two cups of powdered sugar, beating until incorporated.
- Add milk and beat until smooth.
- Spread Biscoff mixture over the brownies. Mixture will be thick. Use a spatula (or even clean hands) to spread it out to the edges.
- Place chocolate chips and 1/4 cup butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave until the chocolate is melted (I did 30 seconds, stirred, and did another 30 seconds)
- Remove from microwave and stir until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Stir in 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.
- Pour chocolate over Biscoff layer and use a knife or a spatula to spread to edges.
- Put pan in refrigerator until the top chocolate layer is set and has hardened (at least 30 minutes)
- Using a sharp knife, cut into squares
Store bars in refrigerator until you are ready to enjoy! I promise you will love these Biscoff Brownie Bars!