Stir fry is such a quick and easy dinner! In fact, the prep (measuring out the ingredients) is the hardest part of this dish! But making it it so simple! And fast! Much much faster than waiting for take out! This is one of John's favorite and most requested dinners! I love it too!
You may not have this in your pantry, but you need this spice for the dish!
- 1 pound chicken breasts sliced into thin strips
- 3 tbsp soy sauce, divided
- 3/4 tsp Chinese Five Spice Blend
- 1/2 pound (or what I like to call 1 large handful) green beans, cut in half
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp toasted white sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 4 tbsp cooking oil that is suitable for high temps (coconut, veggie, canola)
- cooked brown rice for serving
Now Let's Make the Asian Inspired Chicken Stir Fry:
- Slice chicken into strips and place in a glass mixing bowl.
- Add 4 1/2 tsp of soy sauce and the Chinese Five Spice to the chicken. Stir and allow to sit for 10 minutes while you prep the rest of your ingredients
- Measure out the remaining 3 tsp soy sauce, garlic, hoisin, sesame oil, sesame seeds, red pepper flakes, and cashews into little bowls (you will need to add them quickly to the dish while stirring - and having the ingredients ready to go it the best)
- In a large wok heat the cooking oil over high heat
- Add chicken and the sauce it was marinating in to the wok, stir for about 2-3 minutes until chicken is brown
- Add green beans and stir for another 2-3 minutes until beans are a crisp-tender
- Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds
- Add hoisin, remaining soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds, red pepper flakes, and cashews. Stir to coat and cook for additional 1 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice
It's one of our favorites for a reason!