What do you like to do when it snows? I BAKE! Does that surprise you? I didn't think so!
These Oatmeal and Jam Bars are Cake Mix Recipe #24! I think that they are the perfect treat for a snow day breakfast! They would also make a great and filling snack to enjoy with a cup of coffee when you are finished shoveling snow!
Here's What You Need to Make the Oatmeal and Jam Bars:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 1/2 cups oats (I used old fashioned oats because I wanted a chewier texture - but you could also use quick cooking)
- 2 sticks of butter, melted
- 1 cup of jam - I used a seedless Raspberry
Now Let's Make the Oatmeal and Jam Bars:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking dish
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cake mix and the oatmeal
- Add the melted butter and stir until a dough forms
- Divide your dough into thirds and press two thirds of the dough into the bottom of your greased pan
- Use a spatula to spread the jam oven the top of the dough - spread it almost to the edges of the pan
- Crumble the remaining one third of the dough onto the top of the jam layer
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 - 20 minutes until the topping is a light golden brown color
- Cool completely in pan before cutting into squares and storing in an airtight container