If I turn on the Food Network, she will stop what she's doing and watch carefully! Then, she mimics what she sees! So I try to bring her into the kitchen to help me cook from time to time. Right now it is not all that often...she is only 2! I don't trust her to handle things like raw meat or eggs. She also can't touch a knife! So I bring her in when I am making something simple - and today I made just about the easiest thing ever!
2 Ingredient Cake!!!! Yes, only two ingredients! Aside from being easy and fast, this cake is actually fat-free! So you can enjoy a sweet treat while keeping those New Years Resolutions! This is not my recipe...I learned about it back when I was doing Weight Watchers after Lacie was born! It was so simple that I made it all the time, and it really took care of those sugar cravings! Now I am sharing it with you!
Here's What You Need to Make the 2 Ingredient Cake:
- one box angel food cake mix
- one can crushed pineapple in pineapple juice
Even Blakely wanted to watch!
Now Let's Make the 2 Ingredient Cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray (I used PAM)
- Put the cake mix and the entire can of crushed pineapple - including the juice - into a large mixing bowl
- Stir gently until incorporated - it should be light and fluffy
- Pour into greased pan
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until the top is golden brown and springy and the edges pull away from the pan
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack to cool completely
- Slice cake into 12 squares and store in an airtight container or wrap each piece individually to pack in school/work lunches
This is what it looks like when you cut it open! Crusty and golden brown on the outside...white and fluffy on the inside! So so so good!