I love coming up with new cookie recipes! And yesterday I wanted a lighter cookie recipe! Something that wouldn't break those New Years Resolutions...you know those ones that we all made less than one month ago! So I took my recipe for Coconut Cloud Cookies that I made every year for Christmas and made them lighter for Valentine's Day!
Cupid's Coconut Clouds!
And these really do remind me of clouds! They are light and airy! Little pillows of deliciousness!
And did I mention that you only need three ingredients...well I guess 4 if you count the water!
Here's What You Need to Make Cupid's Coconut Clouds:
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
Now Let's Make Cupid's Coconut Clouds:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper
- In the bowl of your stand mixer (fitted with the paddle attachment) beat together the angel food cake mix, almond extract, and water on low for 30 seconds
- Increase speed to medium and beat for 1 minute
- Fold in the coconut
- Use a cookie scoop to drop dough onto prepared cookie sheets
- Bake in oven for 12-13 minutes until lightly golden
- Remove pans from oven and cool completely on sheets before storing in an airtight container
*TIP* I like to transfer the sheets of parchment paper to cooling racks to let the cookies cool completely rather than leaving them on the hot pans
Lacie and Blakely give it their stamp of approval!