It's Friday and it's a snow day here in Jersey! Unfortunately, when it snows John works super long hours. I knew the girls would be missing him this morning, so I woke up early and made some yummy, healthy banana bread that the three of us could enjoy for breakfast!
You also know that when Friday comes, I try to share a new dessert recipe with you because, well, Fridays are just better with dessert!
Caramel Gingerbread Bars
These bars are fantastic - full of caramel, white chocolate, and gingerbread flavor! They are also a Cake Mix Recipe...in other words...super super easy! The flavor of these bars is perfect for a snowy, winter day!
Here's What You Need to Make the Caramel Gingerbread Bars:
- 1 box Gingerbread Cake Mix (if you cannot find this, substitute Spice Cake Mix with 1-2 tsp of ginger added)
- 1 stick butter, softened or even slightly melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 bag caramel bits (you can find these right next to the chocolate chips in the baking aisle)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
The Gingerbread Cake Mix that I used!
Now Let's Make the Caramel Gingerbread Bars:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish generously with non-stick spray (the caramel will make these stick more than other bars)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Gingerbread Cake Mix, butter, and eggs
- Fold in the caramel bits and white chocolate chips
- Press dough into greased pan
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and using the back of a greased spatula, press the bars down into the pan
- Bake additional five minutes
- Remove from oven and press down again if necessary to ensure a flat surface
- Cool completely in pan before cutting and storing the bars in an airtight container