Christmas has so many flavors, and I'm not going to lie I love them all. Gingerbread, peppermint, hot chocolate, etc. I will be sharing so many recipes this season that use all of these delightful flavors. Today, I am starting with those delicious Gingerbread Pancakes that I made for Sunday's breakfast!
My recipe is EASY!!! And it uses cake mix which makes it even easier! Now, I'm sure that you could search the internet and find some really amazing recipes for homemade gingerbread pancakes, but I am telling you these were delicious - they had the perfect amount of gingerbread flavor! Did I mention that they were quick and easy?!? And that is what I need when I have a one and two year old
patiently waiting for breakfast.
Here's What You Need to Make the Gingerbread Pancakes:
- 2 cups Gingerbread Cake and Cookie Mix (I used Betty Crocker brand)
- 2 tablespoons veggie oil (or canola oil or melted butter)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- pancake toppings - we use butter and real maple syrup
Now Let's Make the Pancakes:
- Preheat and grease your pancake griddle (I use butter but you could use a nonstick spray)
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine all ingredients
- Spoon batter into small to medium size circles onto prepared griddle
- After about 2-4 minutes <you will see lots of tiny bubbles on the top> flip your pancakes over and cook about 2 additional minutes (be careful, these will burn)
- Remove pancakes and serve with your favorite toppings
I highly recommend that you make these pancakes for your family during the Christmas season! I also recommend that you make gingerbread coffee for the adults to enjoy with their pancakes!
Disclaimer - Lacie ate 5 of these pancakes...yes 5! And mommy had to cut her off because she would have kept going.