I just love anything that has to do with Funfetti! Seriously, the baker who decided "Hey let me put sprinkles in the cake batter" was just sheer genius. One of my favorite things to do with Funfetti cake mix is to make Lacie's Lazy Funfetti Cookie Bars. I named them after my daughter Lacie because she loves them as much as mommy does! I also call them "lazy" because they are the easiest thing to make! If you have not already tried this recipe, you must!
So yesterday, I decided to combine my love of Funfetti cake mix with my Sweet B's first birthday breakfast and make...
And they were as good as they sound! They were also oh-so-easy!
Two very happy Funfetti Pancake eaters!
Here's What You Need to Make the Funfetti Pancakes:
- 1 1/2 cups of funfetti cake mix (about half the box)
- 2 tablespoons veggie oil (canola oil or melted butter would work just fine)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- pancake toppings of choice
Now Let's Make the Funfetti Pancaks:
- Preheat your pancake griddle over medium heat and grease it with butter or nonstick spray
- In a mixing bowl, stir together all of your ingredients
- Spoon batter onto griddle, making small to medium size pancakes (these pancakes have a light cake-like texture and if you make them too big they will be harder to flip so I would definitely make them on the small side)
- Cook for 2-4 minutes (until bubbles appear on the top) and flip the pancakes over and cook for another 2 minutes on the second side
- Serve with desired pancake toppings
I decided to serve my pancakes with a bit of butter, a vanilla glaze, and extra sprinkles!
Even the banana's got topped with some vanilla glaze and sprinkles!
To make the vanilla glaze mix 1/2 cup powdered sugar with 1 tsp vanilla extract. Stir in milk 1 tsp at a time until you get a nice drizzle consistency.
Now go ahead and make these for the next birthday in your family, and they will quickly become a fun birthday tradition!