A few weeks ago, the Honest Company contacted me and asked if I would do a review of their products on Life Is Better In Pink! They sent me two sample kits as well as some full sized products to check out! I am not getting paid to write this review, however I did receive these products free of charge! All opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own!
I should also mention that I have been using some products from The Honest Company for over a year! Lacie has super sensitive skin, and I originally ordered their products during the summer of 2013 to try and help out some pesky skin issues she had been experiencing!
Let's Talk About What Comes in the Honest Essentials Trial:
1. Organic Healing Balm
This stuff is amazing! I swear by it and would recommend it to anyone who has a little one that experiences diaper rashes. Lacie suffered for two years from crazy rashes, and this clears her rashes up better than any other product I have tried (and I tried a lot). You can also use this on cuts and scrapes. Lacie and Blakely will frequently ask for "a little bit of healing balm on my booboo." Yes they actually say that! Even they can't get enough of this product. If I was only going to buy one thing from The Honest Company, the healing balm would be it!
2. Honest Shampoo & Body Wash
This is a great dual purpose product. The soap lathers really nicely and gets my girls fresh and clean! I will use it both on their hair and their skin. Lacie has super sensitive skin, and this does not irritate it at all! It also comes in a nice Orange Vanilla scent...it reminds me of a creamsicle. However, the scent is not overpowering if you or your kiddos are sensitive to smells. The only downside to the shampoo is that you definitely need to use the Honest Conditioner afterwards (which does not come in the trial kit). The shampoo alone will only work if you have a brand-new baby or a boy with really short hair. Anyone else would need to use the shampoo followed by the conditioner.
3. Honest Face & Body Lotion
A nice light lotion that is fragrance free. It is very gentle, and I love how quickly this lotion absorbs into Blakely's skin. However, the lotion is on the thinner side and is not moisturizing enough for Lacie who has skin that gets very very dry (I would actually like to slather Lacie in the Healing Balm from head to toe).
4. Hand Soap
Hand soap is hand soap for me, as long as it kills germs! This soap had a nice lavender scent and made my hands feel clean without leaving them feeling dry. It is not something I typically include in my monthly order, but it would be something I would order in the future. I do love the little bottle this hand soap came in and I plan to throw it in my purse or diaper bag for use when I am out in public and need to use a bathroom that has no soap (you know that happens to you). They should actually sell a multipack of little hand soaps just for this purpose!
5. Honest Multi-Surface Cleaner
I LOVE THIS CLEANER! You can always find a full size bottle of it in my kitchen! It cleans surfaces well and it has a pleasant Grapefruit scent that is not overpowering at all. I feel like I can spray down my girls' placemats with this cleaner while they are sitting right there and it won't bother their sensitive little noses. I also noticed that since switching to this cleaner, I don't get eczema on my hands like I used to when using other conventional cleaners.
Let's Talk About What Comes in the Honest Diaper Trial:
1. Honest Company Diapers
What is not to love about these diapers? The patterns are so cute! Blakely had so much fun picking out what diaper she wanted to wear (and so did Lacie at nighttime). They hold just as much as other diapers that I have tried....which for me (and I'm sure most Mommys) is the most important thing about a diaper. You can see how nicely Lacie's diaper held up after 12 hours of sleep! My girls are 23 and 28 pounds respectively and both fit into the Size 4 diapers!
2. Honest Wipes
Their wipes are awesome. They are thick and fragrance free. I feel like they clean messes so well! They did not irritate either of my girls' skin, even Lacie's who is more sensitive. I will state that if you go ahead with the monthly bundle you will get four packs of wipes which when my girls were younger would not have been enough. We definitely went through wayyyy more wipes during those messy newborn days!
Other Honest Products That I Love:
- Organic Belly Balm - if you are pregnant, have a baby, or have stretch marks you need this belly balm. It made my stretch marks and my c-section scar disappear after Blakely was born!
- Honest Conditioning Mist - no more knots, no more tears when brushing your kid's hair
- Honest Laundry Detergent - I love their liquid laundry detergent and use it for all the girls' clothing! Everything comes out of the wash clean and fresh! It also does a good job on stains
- Honest Dryer Cloths - these cloths are pretty cool. They go in the dryer wet (they remind me of baby wipes) and come out dry with your clothes feeling super soft. They do not irritate my sweet Lacie Jane's sensitive skin either, which is the most important thing!
- Bathroom and Toilet Cleaners - I love this product because it makes our bathrooms clean! Plus the cleaners have such a nice, fresh Eucalyptus scent!
- Honest Organic Lip Balm Trio - you get three of them which is perfect for putting one in the diaper bag, one in your purse, one next to your bed, etc. You can never have enough lip gloss!
- Sunscreen Spray SPF 30 - I know we are a bit past sunscreen season (at least in New Jersey) but I used this stuff all summer. My girls (who are so pale that their skin is translucent) never got burnt. Their skin also never become irritated. I like the convenience of the spray!
- Organic Breathe Easy Rub - when my girls have stuffy noses, I rub this on the bottom of their feet and just let this product do it's magic!
The Bottom Line:
Would I order from The Honest Company? Absolutely! I already get their Essentials Bundle every month! I love how easy it is - it just shows up on my door every four weeks! I love that I can change the shipping date if I need products sooner or later. I also love that I can log into my account and change what products I get, which I do every single month. The trial kits are a great place to start, but I also really think that you should order full sized monthly bundles and give it a good honest try for a month, I guarantee you will love these products as much as my family does!
Today I am Linking Up this Friday Favorites post, all about The Honest Company with: