I love a good Neiman Marcus Bar! They are one of my favorite desserts thanks to the combination of a chewy brownie-like crust and an awesome cream cheese topping that never fully sets...meaning it stays gooey!!! And apparently, my awesome readers like Neiman Marcus Bars too because my recipes for Red Velvet Neiman Marcus Bars and Butterscotch Neiman Marcus Bars are two of my most viewed posts!!!
This is the face of someone who loves a good Neiman Marcus Bar!
If you haven't tried making a Neiman Marcus Bar yet, you definitely want to try out this Lemon Neiman Marcus Bar! It is delicious! And it is the perfect flavor for an Easter or Spring party! It is also Cake Mix Recipe #32!!!!
Here's What You Need to Make the Lemon Neiman Marcus Bars:
- 1 box Lemon Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 block cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups powdered sugar
Now Let's Make the Lemon Neiman Marcus Bars:
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and grease a 9x13 pan with butter or nonstick spray
- In a large bowl, combine lemon cake mix, one egg, and melted butter until a soft dough forms
- Press dough into bottom of prepared pan
- Sprinkle white chocolate chips over top of dough and press down lightly
- In the stand of a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment beat together the cream cheese, remaining two eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, and powdered sugar until combined and smooth
- Spread mixture on top of the dough and white chocolate chip layer (it will completely cover the bottom)
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 40 minutes until the edges are crisp and the top of the cream cheese mixture has a slight crust but doesn't seem completely set (the center will still wobble a bit) - The picture below is what you are looking for
- Allow pan to cool on a wire rack for thirty minutes
- Transfer pan to fridge to cool completely (at least two hours)
- Cut into bars and serve or store in the fridge until you are ready to eat