For Easter, I set out to make a few new desserts that were spring/summer inspired! I love strawberry cake mix and really wanted to use it in my new recipe!
I decided to mix up my recipe for Orange Creamsicle Cookies and make these:
White Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookies!!!
They were so easy to make, they are PINK, and they are Cake Mix Recipe #62!
Your Shopping List for the White Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookies:
- 1 box of Strawberry Cake Mix
- 1 stick butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- additional white chocolate for melting and dipping the cookies
Now Let's Make the White Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookies:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the cake mix, butter, and eggs until a soft dough forms
- Beat in the white chocolate chips on lowest speed
- Using a 1-inch cookie scoop, drop dough onto lined baking sheets
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 - 12 minutes until cookies are lightly browned on the bottom
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on pans for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely
- Once cookies are completely cool, dip half of each cookie in melted white chocolate (I used 2 Bakers White Chocolate Bars, melted in a double boiler)
- Set cookies on wax or parchment paper and allow to sit for several hours until the chocolate is hard (you can pop them in the freezer for a few minutes to speed this process up)
I use this stand mixer for all of my baking: