I made these bars for Christmas Eve and they were a huge hit!
Even John loved them, which is saying something because he usually questions any dessert that I put "fruit" in!
They are also CAKE MIX RECIPE #59
Your Shopping List for the Chocolate Chip Cherry Chunky Bars:
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 8oz container red candy cherries, roughly chopped (you can find them in the baking aisle)
Now Let's Make the Chocolate Chip Cherry Chunky Bars:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray or butter
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cake mix, melted butter, and beaten eggs until a soft dough forms
- Fold in the chocolate chips and the cherries
- Press dough into prepared pan
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes until the edges of the bars are lightly browned
- Remove from oven and use the back of the spatula to press down over the surface of the bars, making them flat
- Cool completely in pan
- Cut into 24 squares and store in an airtight container
All you need for this recipe is a rubber spatular, mixing bowl, and 9x13 pan! No mixer required!