We love lasagna! All five of the people in my house - including Paisley - just adore this dish! After all what's not to love about a ton of cheese and pasta?!? And instead of red sauce, my sauce is PINK!
Let me begin with a small disclaimer. John and I are not Italian - not even the teeniest tiniest bit. That's no surprise when it come to me but most people assume that John is at least a little bit Italian.
I am putting this disclaimer here because this lasagna, my pink lasagna, is how we love lasagna... but it's not a very traditional lasagna.
Did I mention the sauce is PINK!
Your Shopping List for my Pink Lasagna:
- one package Whole Wheat Lasagna (I use no boil)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 - 28oz can tomato puree
- 1 packet Italian Dressing Mix
- 1 - 15 oz container ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- olive oil
These two ingredients are what makes this lasagna so so so easy!
Now Let's Make the Pink Lasagna:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and oil a 9x13 casserole dish
- In a pan, cook your ground beef in olive oil until brown and crumbly - drain and set aside to cool
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, combine the tomato puree, ricotta cheese, Italian Dressing packet, and 2 eggs until well mixed *your sauce should look pink*
- Mix in two cups of the mozzarella cheese and the cooled ground beef
- Using a soup ladle, spread one spoon of sauce/cheese/beef mixture on the bottom of your casserole dish
- Next place a layer of whole wheat lasagna sheets - I use no boil which I highly recommend
- On top of the pasta, place another layer or the sauce/cheese/beef mixture
- Continue alternating pasta and sauce layers, finishing with a sauce layer (mine had 3 layers with 4 sheets of pasta per layer)
- Top the entire casserole with remaining cup of mozzarella cheese and the cup or parmesan cheese
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes until the edges of the casserole are nice and brown
- Allow lasagna to sit for 10 minutes before cutting and serving