There is just something about the fall that makes me want bread with my morning cup of coffee! I love any kind of quick bread but Banana Bread and Pumpkin Bread are my two favorites. I have a regular, relatively healthy banana bread that I make often. But I wanted to come up with something a little more indulgent. And that meant Chocolate! Double Chocolate!
This Double Chocolate Banana Bread also happens to be Cake Mix Recipe #55!!!
And there are only FIVE ingredients!!!
Your Shopping List for the Double Chocolate Banana Bread:
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil - any kind of veggie oil
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Now Let's Make the Double Chocolate Banana Bread:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease two 8x4 loaf pans
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, add your cake mix, bananas, eggs, and oil
- Beat on low speed until just combined
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat on low speed again for 30 seconds
- Fold in your chocolate chips
- Divide batter evenly between the two prepared loaf pans
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 - 50 minutes
- Allow bread to cool in pans for 15 minutes
- Turn out onto cooling racks and allow bread to cool completely before cutting and/or storing
I own two of these loaf pans - in the 1 pound size - and have used them to make all of my quick bread recipes for the last six years!