They came out DELICIOUS! And they honestly taste just like a creamsicle! Plus, they couldn't be easier to make...especially since they are CAKE MIX RECIPE #39!!!!!
This cake mix is perfect for this recipe!
Your Shopping List for the Orange Creamsicle Whoopie Pies:
- 1 box orange cake mix
- 1/2 cup veggie oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 eggs
- buttercream or vanilla icing
Now Let's Make the Orange Creamsicle Whoopie Pies:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, combine the cake mix, veggie oil, water, and eggs.
- Beat on low speed 30 seconds and scrape down the sides. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Drop batter by tablespoon or cookie scoop onto prepared baking sheet, leaving room for the cookies to spread.
- Take the back of a spoon or a knife to spread batter into flat circles.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes (cookies should be soft but cooked through and just starting to get color on the bottom).
- Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely
- Once cookies are completely cool, turn half of the pies upside down and frost the bottom. For this I used my homemade buttercream icing but if you are short on time you could just use store bought icing to make it easier.
- Place the other half of the pies right side up on top of the frosting.
- If desired, use a piping bag to pipe extra icing around the center edge.
- Store at room temperature for up to 24 hours, after that wrap each whoopie pie individually with saran wrap and store in the fridge.
I found a new love in these little whoopie pies, and I will definitely be mixing up the flavor combos to make a few other cake mix whoopie pies in the near future!
Happy Summer Baking