On Saturday I made Pepperoni Bread....
And it was so good!
Have I mentioned this may be the easiest thing I have ever made?
Here's What You Need to Make the Pepperoni Bread:
- 1 Can Pillsbury Thin Pizza Crust
- 1 generous tsp Italian Seasoning Blend (more or less to taste)
- sliced pepperoni - I bought a 6oz package and used about half
- 1 to 2 cups shredded cheese - Italian blend, pizza blend (what I used), or plain mozzarella would be your best bets
Now Let's Make the Pepperoni Bread:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Unroll your pizza dough onto a large rimmed baking sheet and use your fingers to shape it into an even rectangle (as long as you are using the thin pizza crust that I specified, you don't need to really stretch or roll it out - however if you are using regular canned pizza crust you will want to stretch it out)
- Sprinkle the Italian Seasoning over the top of the dough
- Place pepperoni slices in an even layer on top of dough and seasoning
- Sprinkle cheese generously on top of the pepperoni (I like a lot of cheese - you should know that by now!)
- Starting at the top (the long edge of the rectangle), carefully roll your dough into a log
- Cut a few 1-2 inch slits in the top
- Bake for 14 minutes, keeping an eye on it so it becomes pretty and golden but not burnt
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a cutting board and slicing
This was so good, and did I mention so easy! John loved it and proceeded to tell me
a few to the point where I lost count how good it was while his mouth was full! Guess who else loved the pepperoni bread? Yup, Lacie and Blakely!
I think that this bread is the perfect (and easy) recipe to add to your holiday cooking repertoire! It's the perfect appetizer for a holiday party or the perfect snack for a busy day! It is something that you can throw together at the last minute! The best thing is, you can buy these ingredients tomorrow and they all have such a nice long shelf life that they won't spoil until well after Christmas! So buy the stuff now, and then make it when you need this recipe - and trust me you will need this recipe!