Cookies and Cream Christmas Bars
Holiday Oreos have always been a favorite of mine! There is something about the "holiday" variety that <in my opinion> is better than just regular Oreos. Plus, I love the festive colors! At Christmas time, the holiday Oreos are red! I knew that I really wanted to make a cookie treat using crushed Oreos...so I came up with this bar that uses a cake mix base so it is super easy!
These bars did not disappoint!
We all loved them!
You should have seen sweet little Blakely Hope using her pincher grasp to get every last crumb off her high chair tray! Speaking of my sweet girls, I took them to Wegmans today, and as I am throwing food in my carts (yes carts) this is what I saw..
My heart just about burst!
Anyway...back to the cookies!
Here's What You Need to Make the Cookies and Cream Christmas Bars:
- 1 box funfetti cake mix (of course I used the Christmas One!!! You can just use plain funfetti or white cake mix if you can't find the holiday funfetti)
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 24 holiday Oreos, crushed into big pieces (you don't want small crumbs)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Now Let's Make the Cookies and Cream Christmas Bars:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking dish
- In a bowl, use a spoon to break the Oreos into pieces, keeping them in nice big chunks - set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix with butter and eggs
- Stir in the crushed Oreo pieces and white chocolate chips (your batter will turn red from the Oreo cream and that is okay!)
- Press cookie dough into prepared baking pan
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Remove from oven and use the back of a spatula to press down any parts that have "puffed up" so that the crust of your cookies is flat
- Cool completely in pan (1-2 hours) before cutting into bars and storing in an airtight container
I made these specifically for Christmas...but you can make them anytime of year by using whatever holiday Oreos are in season (like orange at Halloween) or by just using plain Oreos!
See how nice the Christmas Funfetti Mix looks with those little green sprinkles! It definitely makes them more festive!