Last Friday was our 6 year wedding anniversary! You can read about it in this post! It also happens to be Blakely's half birthday - she turned 2 1/2!!! Now I know what you are thinking, and yes we always celebrate half birthdays in the Hilosky House! It's a fun, simple tradition that I hope my girls will always keep and pass on when they have families of their own! Normally, I would make some kind of a cake for this day, but John really wanted cookie bars! He requested my Red Velvet Fudge Bars but since I didn't have any Red Velvet cake mix in the house (and I really didn't feel like dragging three kids to the food store), I made a new bar instead!
Cake Mix Recipe #51 - Triple Chocolate Cookie Bars
Chocolate cake mix plus white chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate chips give these bars a triple chocolate flavor!
And they were Oh So Delicious! We started eating them on Friday and they were gone by Saturday!
Your Shopping List for the Triple Chocolate Cookie Bars:
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 generous cup of white chocolate chips
- 1 generous cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
Now Let's Make the Triple Chocolate Cookie Bars:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking dish
- In a large mixing bowl combine the chocolate cake mix, beaten eggs, and melted butter until a soft dough forms
- Stir in the white and chocolate chips
- Press dough into prepared baking dish
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes until the edges are crisp
- Remove from oven and press down over the surface of the cookie bars with the back of a spatula - this isn't necessary but in my opinion it make the bars perfectly crisp on the outside and soft on the inside
- Allow pan to cool completely - at least one hour - before slicing into 24 squares and storing in an airtight container