In addition to Whoopie Pies for her birthday, Lacie also requested something blue. Even though she will sometimes say her favorite color is pink, I know that deep down it is really blue *sigh*. She actually used to always say blue was her favorite but now I think she wants to like pink like mommy! So when I asked her what she wanted to be blue, she answered "COOKIES"!
So the birthday girl got her blue cookies, and I made CAKE MIX RECIPE #45!
Rather than use blue food coloring in plain vanilla cookie bars, I decided to try a Blue Raspberry Cake Mix, which gave them a true Cotton Candy Flavor! These cookie bars are super simple, super sweet, and will make any child who likes the color blue very happy!
Your Shopping List for the Cotton Candy Cookie Bars:
- 1 box blue raspberry cake mix
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
Now Let's Make the Cotton Candy Cookie Bars:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking dish
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cake mix, melted butter, and beaten eggs until a soft dough forms
- Fold in the white chocolate chips
- Spread mixture evenly into prepared baking dish
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes (edges should just be starting to brown)
- Remove from oven and use a flat spatula to press the surface of the cookie bars flat
- Cool completely in pan before cutting into squares and serving