Why did I decide to make this recipe as our weekend treat? Let me tell you! Yesterday, while the girls were napping I made two loaves of my wonderful Pumpkin Bread. I made it because John was working super late, and I knew he would want a snack when he got home. John has been asking for pumpkin bread since Septmeber 1st! So when he walked in the door at 8:30 p.m. (after having left for work at 5:50 a.m.) I said "Guess what I made for you?!?" Do you know what he said...."Funfetti Cookie Bars?!?" Now of course, he was still grateful and happy with the pumpkin bread, but I knew that he was craving funfetti! Since I just made my standard Funfetti Cookie Bars two weeks ago, I decided that today I am making Funfetti Magic Cookie Bars!
Full Disclosure Time: these are not the prettiest bars. They are gooey and hard to cut up into perfect squares. So they may not be the type of dessert that you want to make to display at a party! They are, however, the perfect dessert to make for a night at home with the hubby or a girls night in! They are super, super sweet!!!
Here's What You Need to Make The Funfetti Magic Cookie Bars:
- 1 box funfetti cake mix (like the kind by Pillsbury)
- 1 stick butter, very soft
- 1 egg
- splash of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup each white chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, and butterscotch chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup cookie butter spread (I use Biscoff brand because it is Peanut Free for Lacie - this stuff tastes AMAZING so if you haven't tried it go out to the store and get it - NOW!)
Now Let's Make the Bars:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease or spray (I used PAM) a 9x13 pan
- Make your crust by mixing together the cake mix, butter, egg, and extract - this will be very thick
- Press dough into pan evenly
- Sprinkle all three kinds of chips over top on crust and use your fingers to press lightly into crust
- In a mixing bowl (I used the same bowl - less dishes) combine cookie butter spread and sweetened condensed milk
- Spread cookie spread mixture on top of crust and chocolate chips
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes...do not over bake...it will be gooey
- Allow to cool completely on cooling rack before cutting into bars and storing
Good luck waiting for these to cool before eating them! Your house is going to smell amazing, but you really should wait for them sit out and set up a bit before cutting. However, if you want to grab a fork and sample a bit off the edge...well I won't tell anyone!