If you read last week's dessert post, you know that I love to make something quick that starts with a mix! I promise if you like a rich, chocolate dessert, these chocolate caramel fudge bars will not disappoint! They have a wonderful chewy brownie texture around the edge, while the middle is more gooey and fudge-like!
Not only are these bars quick and easy because they use a store bough mix...they do not require any measuring!!!!
Here's What You Need to Make the Chocolate Caramel Fudge Bars:
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix (I really like Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate Fudge)
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups (more or less depending on taste) caramel bits (I used the entire bag minus the few that I sampled first)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (more or less, I threw in a handful)
Now Let's Make the Chocolate Caramel Fudge Bars:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking pan (I actually just use the wrapper from the stick of butter to grease the pan)
- In a large mixing bowl add cake mix, melted butter, and eggs. Mix until combined
- Stir in caramel bits and chocolate chips - I just kept adding until it looked like there was A LOT in the mix...I did not measure
- Spread mixture evenly into greased pan
- Bake in oven for twenty minutes
- Remove from oven and press your bars down with the back of a spatula. Cook for five additional minutes
- Remove from oven and press bars down again
- Cool completely in pan before cutting
I loved the way these bars came out! My mom loved them! John loved them! Lacie loved them! Poor Blakely does not have nearly enough teeth to enjoy that chewy caramel!
I hope that you enjoy these bars with a nice cup of coffee :)