For Easter Sunday, I set out to make two new dessert recipes that would be perfect for spring/summer!
The first one I made was Lemon Blossoms (which is a fun take on the traditional peanut blossom cookie recipe that we do not eat because of Lacie's allergy).
And I simplified them by using CAKE MIX!
These cookies are Cake Mix Recipe #61!
Your Shopping List for the Lemon Blossoms:
- 1 box Lemon Cake Mix
- 1 stick butter, softened to room temp
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp baking powder
- yellow sanding sugar
- 24 unwrapped Hershey's Dark Chocolate Kisses
Now Let's Make the Lemon Blossoms:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheet pans with parchment paper
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the softened butter, beaten eggs, cake mix, and baking powder until a soft dough forms
- Use a 1 inch cookie scoop to form 24 balls of dough and roll them in the sanding sugar
- Place each cookie dough ball onto the prepared baking sheet
- Bake in preheated oven for 9-11 minutes until just lightly golden on the bottom
- Remove cookies from oven and immediately press a Hershey's Kiss into the center of each cookie
- Cool for 2 minutes on pan and then move to wire racks to cool completely
- Make sure the Hershey's Kiss is completely cooled and set before storing cookies in an airtight container
I use this stand mixer for all of my baking: