What flavor says Christmas more than Gingerbread?
These cookie bars are the perfect dessert for a Cookie Exchange, a holiday party, or just to have around the house for unexpected guests! Plus they are so so so easy to make because - you guessed it - they are a cake mix recipe!
They are also my 12 Days of Christmas Desserts, Day #3!
Your Shopping List for the Caramel Gingerbread Bars:
- 1 box Gingerbread Cake Mix (if you cannot find this, substitute Spice Cake Mix with 1-2 tsp of ginger added)
- 1 stick butter, softened or even slightly melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 bag caramel bits (you can find these right next to the chocolate chips in the baking aisle)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Now Let's Make the Caramel Gingerbread Bars:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish generously with non-stick spray (the caramel will make these stick more than other bars)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Gingerbread Cake Mix, butter, and eggs
- Fold in the caramel bits and white chocolate chips
- Press dough into greased pan
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and using the back of a greased spatula, press the bars down into the pan
- Bake additional five minutes
- Remove from oven and press down again if necessary to ensure a flat surface
- Cool completely in pan before cutting and storing the bars in an airtight container