Last year, I gave you 12 Days of Christmas Cookies! This year I'm bringing you 12 Days of Christmas Desserts! Some will be cakes, some will be cookies, some will be old recipes while others will be new - but all will be delicious and festive!
I'm starting with my Red Velvet Neiman Marcus Bars! This recipe was originally shared last year for Valentine's Day, but it is the PERFECT Christmas Dessert because it is red and just oh-so-pretty for the holidays! It is also one of my most pinned desserts!
Did I mention it's a cake mix recipe? Well it is! And that makes it super easy!
Here's What You Need to Make the Red Velvet Neiman Marcus Bars:
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 block cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups of powdered sugar (which equals 1 pound...which is one box...or a half of a 2 pound bag)
Now Let's Make the Red Velvet Neiman Marcus Bars:
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and grease a 9x13 pan with butter or nonstick spray
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, one egg, and melted butter until a soft dough forms
- Press dough into bottom of prepared pan
- In the stand of a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment beat together the cream cheese, remaining two eggs, and powdered sugar until combined and smooth
- Spread mixture on top of red velvet cookie dough - it will look like this
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes until the edges are crisp and the top of the cream cheese mixture has a slight crust but doesn't seem completely set (the center will still wobble a bit) - The picture below is what you are looking for
- Allow pan to cool on a wire rack for thirty minutes
- Transfer pan to fridge to cool completely (an additional two hours)
- Cut into bars and serve or store in the fridge until you are ready to eat - I like them really cold but you can take them out about 30-45 minutes before serving to take the chill off!
If you want to find more Christmas recipes, check out my Christmas Page Here!