A few weeks ago, I shared a recipe for Easy Pumpkin Muffins. This recipe is the same idea with one less ingredient! I like this recipe a bit better because the spice cake mix provides a deeper fall flavor! Of course, I will just make whichever one based on the ingredients in my pantry on any given day!
Here's What You Need for the Easy Pumpkin Muffins Part Two:
- one can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling just regular pumpkin like Libby's brand)
- one box Spice Cake Mix
- about 1/2 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (more or less depending what time of day you plan to enjoy eating these delights - but I always opt for more)
Now Let's Make the Muffins:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and use paper liners or grease 15 muffin cups (this will not make 24 muffins like the mix normally would because you are not using the eggs/oils/water called for on the box)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine canned pumpkin and cake mix until thoroughly mixed
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Spoon evenly into your prepared pan
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until tops spring back to the touch
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan. Then remove and cool completely on cooling rack
These muffins are a fast and easy grab-and-go breakfast! They also make a perfect sweet treat for dessert! No raw eggs in the mix means that your kids can help make them and lick the spoon! You could also try baking this recipe in different shaped pans! But for me, I like to make muffins because that means I can eat them for breakfast! Which is exactly what I did this morning, with a delicious cup of pumpkin coffee on the side! Enjoy!