And they are delicious! I made them once, then twice...and now they get made about every three weeks! It couldn't be more simple! There are really two required ingredients and well, then, you can put in whatever else you want and serve it however you like! That makes this the perfect use what you have recipe!
John and I enjoyed these crockpot pulled pork tacos for our own little Taco Tuesday date last night after the girls were asleep!
Here's What I Use to Make the Pulled Pork Tacos:
- 1 pound of boneless, thinly sliced pork chops
- 1/2 to 1 entire bottle of Taco Sauce (it will depend on the size of the bottle but the goal is to just cover the meat with the sauce...you don't need it swimming in sauce)
- 1 tbsp garlic - powder, minced, sliced...whatever kind you have at home...just don't use garlic salt because the sauce has plenty of sodium
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- taco fixings - tortillas, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, sour cream, diced tomato, etc.
Now Let's Make the Pulled Pork Tacos:
- Place the pork in the bottom of your crockpot
- Pour sauce into a Pyrex glass measuring bowl with a pour spout
- Add garlic, cumin, chili powder to the sauce and mix well (you can add in any other seasoning that you like in Mexican dishes I just like this combo on top of the taco sauce flavor)
- Pour sauce on top of meat
- Cook on your crockpot's low setting for at least 6 hours (up to 10)
- About 1 hour before you plan on serving, open the lid of the crockpot and shred pork using 2 forks, close lid and leave for at least 30 minutes but an hour is best
- Serve however you like tacos
This was what was left after we ate! I didn't remember to take a before pic because we were starving! But you get the idea of what the meat will look like when shredded as well as how the sauce darkens and thickens!
We enjoy these tacos in small flour tortillas topped with mexican cheese and shredded lettuce! If I was serving this to guests I would put out bowls of sour cream, diced avocados, and diced tomatoes to make it fancier...but when it's just John and I we are really pretty simple!
If you love onions (or just have one that you want to use up) you could add diced onion to the crockpot! If you had a can of diced green chilies in your pantry, that would be a good addition too!
Have fun! And enjoy eating this new spin on Taco Tuesday!You can find my Crockpot Here: